Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Cake Addict

I apologize for this coming out late this week.  D:
The face of perfection


If you don't know what this is to the right, you don't have the right to say you're from the Chicago area. This happens to be the famous Portillo's chocolate cake, in all of its glory. This has got to be my favorite food ever! Seriously, this tastes better than a lot of cake I've tried (not that I go around places trying cake ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). The cake is tasty enough, and it has a moist feel that makes it not taste dry, but not so moist that it tastes awkwardly wet, like when you heat something in a microwave and add some water to it so it won't taste dry, but it instead tastes too damp and the weird, warm, wet feeling completely ruins what you're eating (don't try this at home).

Anyway, along with its perfect moisture, its frosting is the most addicting cake frosting in the universe. I can't even use words to describe it. It's smooth, chocolaty, thick, and tasty (not to sound like some snobby critic on Food Network d:). Do you know what the best part is, though? The cake is two layers. Two layers of delicious, chocolaty frosting.
This cake is amazing.


The legendary milkshake
Anyway, so Portillo's has some pretty good milkshakes. I am indeed a huge milkshake fan. We also know about the great, great, greatness of their chocolate cake, right? (If you haven't, can you even read this?) Well, you would have no idea how many times I questioned my reality when I ordered my first chocolate cake shake. People, you did not hear me wrong. They literally managed to make my favorite food in the entire universe into my favorite drink ever. It's not even using weird flavor substitutions. They literally just throw a cake into a blender with a chocolate shake. It may not even look that appealing to the eye. Looks don't matter. This tastes amazing! This doesn't even have words to describe what my taste buds are feeling.... It's a cake and a shake in one. It's glorious. If you are a chocolate lover, try this shake, and try to tell me with a straight face that it sucks. It doesn't.

The funny thing is that I used to hate Portillo's. I'm not a fan of hot dogs or sausage. I personally thought that their burgers sucked, and I didn't even know that they had ribs or chicken. Heck, I didn't even know what Italian beef was until it came into my life and gave me a delicious meal to eat there! (Also, any Portillo's workers reading this, never stop dipping your Italian beef sandwiches. Don't mess with perfection.) Anyway, with its heavenly cake, its amazing milkshakes, and their combination to form the eye-burning, jaw-dropping, mouth watering chocolate cake shake as a part of my life, I would choose Portillo's chocolate cake as my favorite food any day of the week.

1 comment: