Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Graduation Speech (Blog Edit)

So basically, this is what my graduation speech tryout is going to be. I don't know if it will make it to the final ceremony, as to be honest, free writing is tough. ._.  Really, the only difference is that I removed my third paragraph, just because I go through recognizing my teachers. While you may already have to assume things from the names of my friends, I just think that it would be too much to add in a bunch of teachers you don't know, since you won't really get why I say the things I do about them. Anyway, this is pretty much my speech.

When I first came here to Golf Middle School, I thought that it was the biggest leap of my life. I was abandoning my friends who with I’ve grown so close to, and I was practically entering a whole new world. I worried many thing of public school, as up until now, I’ve only gone to private, Catholic schools. Would I make any friends? Are there bullies who will give me a hard time? Is the workload way too much for a once 7th grader like me? However, looking back at my life, I could really laugh at all the wild assumptions that I had made. Golf Middle School was a great part of middle school to experience. There are so many odd events here to be told, so many people to recognize, and most importantly, so much to wave goodbye to as I progress with my life.

Obviously, first things first would be to acknowledge my many friends and classmates that I’ve spent so much time with. After all, most of them have been here for me ever since the first day of school here. I’ve had a wide arrangement of friends since I’ve been here,some of them being recent in my life, such as Daniel and Hector, and others going back with me from longer ago, such as Red and Konrad. I greatly appreciate that they all can be able to be edgy and somewhat morbid, while still being sorta witty. We’ve all had great times together, whether it was ranting about PARCC testing in English class, or maybe trading our food around at lunch, or talking about Greek Gods who ate babies. Face it: nowhere else at a school would you hear the phrase: “And now, we yodel.” In fact, everybody here makes a difference to this school experience, even if we’re not really close. Sirril might not exactly be the easiest person to sit next to in Social Studies, and I might not know much about Tom at all, but let’s face it: My experience here just wouldn’t be the same if not for all of you, and I wouldn’t want it like that.

(3rd paragraph removed to avoid confusion of thanking teachers)

With thanking all I have for Golf Middle School, I must finally recognize that middle school is drawing to an end, and that it is time to look forward to high school. I will miss all my friends, as most of them will be leaving to Niles North, though I am heading elsewhere, to Loyola Academy. I want to thank for all that GMS has done to make middle school what it is, whether in tough times or in happy times., all in preparation for this moment. I hope to all the new 5th graders coming in that Golf Middle School will be just as great for you.

2 comments:

  1. We say "Tag myself I'm..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this special milestone and the best of luck to you at Loyola.

    ReplyDelete