Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Test Ranting

Blog Week Post #3

If the sight of the picture above is making you soil your pants in horror, you are not alone. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened despite not knowing what this is. Well, for your sake, at our school, our standardized testing is carried out by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, therefore, we have to take the dreaded PARCC tests, or better yet, as we call them, the CCRAP tests. These dastardly papers force you to answer a couple of two-part answers with answer keys that match up to what I five-year-old would answer, then it forces you to write an entire essay. PER TEST, which I tell you, has about three or four of them. And believe me, even those are rigged. I remember in preparation for this test, our class had to take the role of the parcc graders of essays, and review previous submissions on our own. We obviously praised the good ones and laughed about the bad ones, but when she revealed to us what the PARCC test rated the essays, barely any of our ratings agreed, and believe me, there were some stupid ones in there!
Anyway, back to the topic, these poorly-made tests make up the worst week of the entire school year, and it doesn't even matter. It's not like our grades depend on it, it's not like the teachers take the reviews seriously, but after all that, why does it matter to do it in the first place, If I didn't have my own personal standards, I would've just put in a bunch of chat spam into the essay (at least, if we took the tests via Chromebook). Believe me, PARCC tests aren't worth the effort.
So you can bet I slapped myself in the face as a reality check when my mom announced that I would skip PARCC testing. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I know you think I'm probably really lazy because of this, but it's a long story. Point is, my siblings and I go to different schools, and so they have different spring breaks. I already spent my spring break in Charleston, SC with my cousins (which was awesome), and so my siblings' spring break was during the week of PARCC testing. My family was going to Florida, so I obviously couldn't stay behind by myself. My mom wrote a note to the principal excusing me, and that's how I avoided the worst week of my life. (Also, if you're wondering how I know how bad it is, every grade has to take it, so I suffered through it back in 7th grade.)
So, that's all I have to rant about for PARCC testing. If you have any horror stories of this test of your own, please tell me! Really, I think everyone should come together to allow our schools to hang this sign in the hallways:
...At least, for the English tests. I really do not mind the Math Segment. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 comments:

  1. The ELA ones are annoying to take. Math is pretty easy, tbh. Anyways, it took us 2 weeks to finish Parcc testing. After we finished, we had an assembly for perfect attendance, etc. Then the principal said we are still taking MAP. MAP is the son of Parcc. Map is the week of the musical, so more stress on me, great. Anyways, I really miss ISAT. As what we say in school, bring back Mr. Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't really care about MAP, there isn't much work involved, and it pretty much wraps up in 1-2 days.

    ReplyDelete